Workshops and Certification Courses
(Courses taught in English are presented with translation in Italian)
The basis of the BASI Pilates approach is to encourage Pilates teachers to continuously deepen their knowledge. As BASI Pilates founder Rael Isacowitz says, “The certification of the Pilates teaching is the beginning of the journey”.
For this reason, BASI offers a well-defined program of advanced training, made by Certificate Courses and Workshops to integrate and deepen their knowledge.
Every BASI Pilates Certificate Courses and Workshops are open to all Pilates teacher (including BASI certificated teachers).
23 Febbraio 2024 - 25 Febbraio 2024
In this program, we will learn the appropriate application of exercises in each trimester of pregnancy and for postnatal conditions, all from the extensive BASI repertoire, including assists, modifications and new exercises.
Recently concluded Workshops and Certification Courses:
- 2 COURSES Stretching within Strengthening + The Art of Anatomical-Tactile Cueing – Sondra Karman BASI Principal Faculty440,00€ VAT not includedPresented by: Sondra Karman (BASI Principal Faculty) Option to purchase both Stretching within Strengthening + The Art of Anatomical-Tactile Cueing courses at the reduced price of 440 € + VAT instead of 480 € + VAT
- Enhancing Athletic Performance – Prato – Ashley Ritchie280,00€ VAT not includedIn this workshop covering swimming, cycling and running, Ashley Ritchie explains how Pilates can improve athletes' performance.
- European BASI Get Together290,00€ VAT not includedThree days on the wonderful island of Favignana to review the Mat Work and Comprehensive repertoire, maintain its consistency and reintegrate it. Event open to the entire international BASI Community.
- Pilates for Breast Cancer Recovery – 28-29 October 2023 – Alexandra Rossopoulou480,00€ VAT not includedPresented by: Alexandra Rossopoulou, BASI Teacher This 2 days workshop will provide everything a Pilates teacher should know about breast cancer and rehabilitation in a comprehensive Pilates context. Alexandra guides attendees in learning how to help women after mastectomy and during the journey of reconstruction. She will also give more information about various therapies, symptoms, lympedema, the psychological state of women going through the treatment and rehabilitation process, and methods of rehabilitation.
- Pilates for Injuries and Pathologies -16-18 June 2023 Prato – Samantha Wood BASI Associate Faculty750,00€ VAT not includedThis certified three-day course presents an approach to physical therapy for working with clients who have injuries, physical limitations or movement dysfunctions. Focusing primarily on the cervical and lumbar spine, shoulder, hip, knee, ankle, and foot, the course covers functional anatomy, biomechanics, and a review of current literature. Specific injuries and conditions are examined, such as disc disease, post-surgical conditions, rotator cuff syndrome, tendinopathies, and osteoarthritis. Students learn about the precautions and / or contraindications for these conditions, as well as exercise options and changes to the original BASI Pilates repertoire. Course participants will learn safe ways to work with clients suffering from some of the most common medical conditions and injuries, through lectures, discussions, demonstrations and practice.